Your First Dental Visit
A complete comprehensive examination will include:
- Your health history is evaluated and any health conditions or allergies are discussed.
- Full set of digital radiographs will be taken.
- Evaluation of all soft tissue which includes gums, cheeks (inside and out), lips, palate (roof of the mouth), floor of the mouth and tongue, and lymph nodes. This allows us to note any early signs of oral cancer.
- Periodontal probing of tissue around each tooth is checked to see if they show signs of periodontal disease. What are your numbers?
- Assessment of your Temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- Charting of existing dental restorations and their conditions are noted. Any finding of decay detected visually and by radiographs are noted and placed into a treatment plan.
- Determination of the type of cleaning you need, which may be started same visit.
- Any recommended treatment will be presented to you in a professional and understanding manner.